Re: Hardcore

[ FMSO.DE - Fahren mit Salatöl (deutsch) ]

Geschrieben von waldi am 05. April 2016 15:42:13:

Als Antwort auf: Re: Hardcore geschrieben von el jay am 05. April 2016 13:37:13:

Hi Jay,

yes, I understood well, that you drive Bio Diesel.
And even if you can get Palm oil for free, you still have to pay for the alcohol and the NaOH. OK the latter one is rather cheap, but accessing the alcohol seems more difficult to me. Personally I don't know from where to get it, rather from the chemistry industrie.
Anyway, I think, the most economical way for you is, to mix your produced fuel with a sip of gasoline or diesel, because diesel has enough additives to prevent the Bio Diesel to solidify.

You mentioned to use the return of the diesel pump to warm up the tank.
That doesn't work.
At least not so effective, as you think.
1st: YOUR diesel pump doesn't produce so much heat that you would need.
There was a generation of common rail systems which were able to really heaten the tank. But not a normal distributor pump or a piston pump.
2nd: even if you wouls isolate all the tubes and the Tank, it wouldn't be enough energy to heat up 60 or more liters.
3rd: The most challenge at all is to avoid the temperature loss to the environment. Try to imagine how good the cooling of the engine is designed. All of the components are sized to be much cool as possible. One thing is to keep the fuel as cool as possible to avoid vapourisation. Steam bubbles are very bad inside a diesel injection system.
At the beginning of the veg oil driving time, many of us took extreme efforts to warm up, and isolate al the necessary stuff.
We don't call the driving with solid oil, which is not different from your trouble the Kings class in vain.

BTW: what is your driving profile? Short distance or long distances.
Please keep in mind that you must charge the battery effectively if you want to warm up with electricity. That additionally requires a proper charge management. Simply ad a second battery to your main one, is not enough. This is a straight way for short or long term to kill the generator.
aot that is very difficult vor an experienced mechanic to improve the components, but it has to be done and it costs money and also time.
Time might not be the main problem, rather than the financial effort.
A good charge controler and a cut off relay cost some euros.

Just some words to your 100 W imagination.
That's much too less.
There were Filter heaters from Bosch in the past. They had a power consumation about 60 or 100 Watts. Our experience in the past is, that it is much too less.
The Heater was able to warm up the litle bit fuel inside, and after a short operating time after start up the filter was solidly blocked by the flow of the new cold fuel.
Very funny when you start at morning, and after 100 meters the engine gets stuck on the main road at the rush hour traffic.

One of the really working ways is a Tube in Tube system heated by the coolant and powered by an auxiliary heating system.

But here we are at the financial point again.

I don't want to unsell you this project, but that what you intend to do was done by many of us. And we had to realize, that this is not easy.

Under the conditions you mentioned, this project is doomed to fail.

Best regards
Waldi

Wer 'nen Fehler findet, darf ihn gerne behalten joker

Wie lesenswert findest Du diesen Beitrag?                 Info zur Bewertung

Antworten:

[ FMSO.DE - Fahren mit Salatöl (deutsch) ]