The engine is similar to the OM601 or its predecessors

[ FMSO.DE - Fahren mit Salatöl (deutsch) ]

Geschrieben von Peter vdl am 05. April 2016 18:19:12:

Als Antwort auf: Re: Neus! Jemand im Berlin /Brandenburg? geschrieben von el jay am 04. April 2016 20:22:17:

Hi Jay,

I think, there are some kind of misunderstandings. Your Picture shows the prefeed pump, the injection pump is that one where the pipes from the injection nozzles are connected to. It is an inline type according to pictures from the net. I haven't got any experients in that particular type, I hope, it is similar robust than that from Bosch. If so, the saying it runs on pure fat is not really exaggerated. Your goal is to get the fuel without any air in an sufficient amount to the injection pump. I don't believe, that preheating or the esterification of the oil to something like biodiesel is purposeful, at least as long the fuel is pumpable and till the fuel stands before the injection nozzles...

What I can't figure out is the combustion chamber type of the engine, I assume it is a pre-chamber type rather than a swirl-chamber type. If so some guy with experience in mercedes vertical injecting engines (I believe) might get an advice of a better suited nozzle if there is something to do at this point.

In your position i would search for an spare injection pump and a spare prefeed pump, if you can dismantle the prefeed pump there is a spring in it, maybe it is a good idea to replace it with a slightly stronger one to have some more reserve delivering the fuel to the injection pump. The second big goal is to tighten the fuel system that no air can be sucked in, air burns so bad :) Maybe it is a good idea to get bigger pipes from the tank to at least the prefeed pump, even a bigger filter reduces the suction. To figure out what really goes on I would install a (semi) transparent pipe right before the injection pump and a manometer on the inlet of the injection pump. In the pipe you can see any air that is sucked in, and on the manometer you can see any underpressure the system has to deal with. There should be always a little overpressure and no air at all in all situations...

If the problem is getting the oil pumpable then it is indeed a good idea to make biodiesel out of it or preheating it. But electrically preheating melts down the capacity of your battery without really having any effect, and Biodiesel is an agressive liquid. I would use biodiesel only as a cleaner, and to liquify the (semi) solid fuel aka fat I would prefer starting the engine with fuel that is liquid at cold temperatures and using the cooling water to heat up the fat cause it hase a huge amount of energy in it that will be thrown away anyway. So why don't use it? But don't forget to switch back to the liquid fuel before you stop the engine to purge the injection system, otherwise it will be extremly hard if not impossible to restart the engine. That's the drawback of a twin tank system...

Hope, that helps a little bit.

Best regards
Peter

Wie lesenswert findest Du diesen Beitrag?                 Info zur Bewertung

Antworten:

[ FMSO.DE - Fahren mit Salatöl (deutsch) ]